Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Julie


My journey as a potter began with Clayworks, a pottery school in downtown Charlotte. I am still polishing my skills as a potter. Today, I am posting about my instructor Julie Wiggins who first taught me art of spinning the wheel. She specializes in wheel thrown ceramic pottery using porcelain as her clay body. She has mastered the art of ceramic inlay design. Here are some of her creations. You can check out her website for more information. Here are some of her creations

A flower pot


I love the little birds she adds to the tea pot lid


I would love to have her creation in my collection.
In one of her sugar and coffee set, she added small bells inside the lid, which would make a melodious sound when you lift it.

Bowls are my eternal favorite.
I will post about some of the bowls that I created in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment